Note: This is Part 4 of a series of blog posts about financial advising. Click here to read all articles in this category.
Blame Pinoy movies. We’ve stereotyped financial advisors as the insurance agents from decades ago. You know the ones who walk the whole day under the heat of the sun with a ragged briefcase in tow, hard-selling insurance policies.
There’s nothing wrong with this. Countless of lives – both financial advisors and their clients – have been saved this way, but times change. People change. Industries change. Nowadays, a day in the life of a financial advisor is not the same as before.
How does a Financial Advisor’s Week Look Like?
We talked to Harold and asked him to describe his week. Harold is a full time dad and financial advisor. Check it out so you can see for yourself if financial advising is a career worth pursuing.
- Harold wakes up every day at 6 AM. As you can see, he doesn’t wake up too early unlike most people in the workforce. He can actually wake up later, but it’s his choice to wake up at 6 AM so he can personally prepare his kids and drive them to school. He also fetches them from school.
- After fetching them from school, he feeds them lunch and spends some quality time with them. The kids will then sleep in the afternoon, and off he goes to meet with clients.
- He sets a personal target of talking to at least 15 prospects a week. He spreads them out all throughout the week. If he’s meeting clients in Manila, he’s usually on his way home at around 4 PM to avoid rush hour traffic. Yes, he has a choice to avoid rush hour traffic.
- He spends some “me time” every Tuesday. He goes on a date with his wife and/or kids. He also visits his parents regularly or goes to Bulacan to meet up with friends.
- Harold also has the time and energy to exercise at least 3 times a week. He either goes to the gym, run or play badminton.
- Saturdays and Sundays are spent with the family.
What are the takeaways from this list?
- Harold has the means to spend a lot of time with himself and his family. He even gets to spend a lot of time with his parents and friends. If you’re going to look at it, he actually spends more time living and loving his life than working.
- He also has the freedom to set his own schedule.
- While he has a set weekly schedule, he has the flexibility to adjust whenever it’s needed.
- He is financially free. It’s virtually impossible to follow this weekly schedule if you’re not financially free.
- Harold loves his career. If this is how your work week looks like, wouldn’t you?
Spend More Time with Family. Be Free Financially. Be a Financial Advisor Today!
You too can have a work week like this. It’s just a matter of recognizing that your family should always be a priority. Yes, work is also important. Here’s the thing – you don’t have to choose. You can have a rewarding career and live and love life.
Interested? If yes, send an email to [email protected]
Credit: All pictures courtesy of Pixabay.com.
Latest posts by Jay Recinto (see all)
- Tikka Tikka Pocket Wraps and Super Mango Lipa: Offering a Unique and Satisfying Dining Experience - March 22, 2019
- SM Lipa’s 3-day Sale: Your Summer Shopping List Guide - March 14, 2019
- Splendio Tritus: An Inspiring Band Lipeños can be Proud of - March 5, 2019