We all have a fashionista within us. It’s just that we need to be bold and daring at times to unleash it. This is what the stylist to the stars, Levenson Rodriguez, kept telling us as he wrapped up last Saturday’s Summer 2017 Style Edit event held at The SM Store, SM City Lipa. This event is part of the celebration of Women’s Month.
As brand ambassador for The SM Store of SM City Lipa, I was privileged enough to attend and be part of this amazing event. Together with hundreds of lovely ladies, I was able to catch a glimpse of the summer collection of The SM Store that features poplin, prism, botanical and nautical prints as well as plain black and white swimwear.
What Happened at the Event
Sir Levenson provided remarkable styling tips, what’s in and hot for this year’s summer fashion and how self-confidence plays a vital role in fashion.
Participants were asked to choose a particular ensemble from SM Woman which they don’t usually go for or something they haven’t worn before. Sir Levenson challenged them to move out of their comfort zone and face their fashion fears. It seemed like a huge challenge back then since most of the women were shy and/or conscious, with some of them verbalizing their insecurities.
After 15 minutes, they staged a mini fashion show; all transformed and oozing with self confidence while wearing these ensembles they never thought will look glamorous on them. They uttered just one line, “Kaya ko naman pala!” The looks on their faces were priceless. They all look so fab and amazing! Self-confidence indeed is everything.
Here are some pictures from the event.
no images were found
Key Takeaways from the Styling Event
I’ve listed some useful and brilliant points to ponder about fashion:
- Fashion is for everyone.
- Fashion affects your self-image and self-esteem.
- First impressions can be strongly influenced by the messages conveyed by the outfit you are wearing.
- Do you want to know what the latest fashion trend is? Check out what the mannequins at The SM Store are wearing at the moment.
- Learning is a lifetime experience. Never stop learning about fashion.
- Learn how to mix and match. Chuck out restrictions.
- Don’t limit yourself. Try out something new from time to time.
- Be creative and adventurous.
- Learn to love your body.
- Layering is not only for winter. It’s also for summer using cover-ups and light fabric.
- Possibilities are endless in fashion.
I just love how SM Woman now caters to every age, shape and lifestyle. Upon checking out this year’s summer collections, looks like I know what I am going to purchase for this week’s SM 3-Day Sale. Their pieces are very versatile and will take me from the summer to the rainy season. SM Woman offers #FashionforEveryWoman in the truest sense of the word.